Bathtub Cleaning Instructions
Cleaning the Bathtub and keeping it hygienic and well-maintained is easy with these simple steps:
- Use liquid soap or an on-abrasive cleaner specifically made for cleaning acrylic bathtub surfaces.
- Avoid harsh chemicals, acids, abrasive scrub brushes, or scouring pads that can damage the bathtub’s surface.
- Create a thick mixture of baking soda and water to clean stubborn spots.
- Dilute the cleaner or soap with water and apply it to the surface using a soft cloth or sponge, gently scrubbing in a circular motion.
- Rinse the bathtub thoroughly with warm water to remove any cleaner residue.
- Avoid using bleach or bleach-containing products, as they can discolour or harm the acrylic surface of the bathtub.
Madonna Bathtubs are crafted from durable, scratch-resistant acrylic designed to resist stains and minimize maintenance. In the rare event that stains or scratches occur over time, they can be easily addressed with our acrylic material, ensuring a pristine appearance.
Common Causes of Stains:
- Hard Water: High mineral content in the water can lead to white or grayish stains on the acrylic surface.
- Soap Scum: Accumulation of soap residue, body oils, and dirt can result in spots over time.
- Dyes and Pigments: Certain bath products, like oils or colored bubble baths, may cause staining if not thoroughly rinsed.
- Rust or Metal Oxidation: Prolonged contact with metal objects can cause rust or metal oxidation stains.
- Chemicals: Harsh cleaners or chemicals not formulated for acrylic can cause discoloration or stains.
- Improper Cleaning Techniques: Using abrasive materials can scratch the acrylic surface and make it more prone to staining.
- Rinse the bathtub after each use to remove soap scum, oils, and residues.
- For stain removal, make a thick paste of baking soda and water, gently rubbing it on the stained surface. Rinse thoroughly and repeat if needed.
- For limescale (mineral deposit) removal, use a mixture of equal parts vinegar and water. Rub the solution and let it sit for a while before rinsing.
- You can also buy commercial products like Rubbing compounds to easily clean and give your bathtub shine.
Heat and Sun Exposure:
- Direct sunlight can fade the color of acrylic over time. Consider using blinds or curtains if your bathtub is near a window.
- If you notice any leaks or significant damage to your acrylic bathtub, it’s advisable to contact a professional for repair or replacement.
- By following these guidelines, you can ensure your Madonna Bathtub stays in great condition, providing